Check out the Research + Discovery section on Digital Prairie.
With your ODL library card, you can access many platforms for research and information. Below you will find a list of the remote access and in-library use resources that ODL provides its patrons. We have also included a list of open access resources for you to explore. These can be accessed from anywhere.
If you have questions about assessing the remote or the in-library use resources, please contact us.
Available with your ODL library card account.
- Britannica School Edition PreK-8: an interactive student encyclopedia with an atlas, biographies, videos, and more from expert sources
- Britannica Spanish Reference Center: offers resources in Spanish for all ages in two unique interfaces: Enciclopedia Moderna for high school and college students and Britannica Escolar for elementary and middle school students
- EBSCO: simple search that delivers millions of online resources, including: health, business and legal information, current events, Consumer Reports, other magazines, and more — all from expert sources.
- HeinOnline: legal journals, law reviews, criminal justice reports and more
- Journal of Forensic Sciences: provides the latest information on the many disciplines represented in forensic sciences
- Literature Criticism Online: research authors and their works, literary movements and genres
- Overdrive: download eBooks and audio books using your ODL library card
- Plains Anthropologist: a focus on anthropological theory, method, and practice as it pertains to the Great Plains
- Salem Health, Literature & Science: searchable catalog and online reference in the humanities, sciences, and contemporary social issues
Available only at the ODL library.
- The Oklahoman Newspaper Archives: contains digital facsimiles of our 100+ years of rich newspaper history
Anyone can access from anywhere.
- American Indian Law Review: a nationwide scholarly forum for analysis of developments in legal issues pertaining to Native Americans and indigenous peoples worldwide
- Archive-It: search the archive for past and present state agency websites
- Chronicles of Oklahoma: a full-text, searchable database with links to tables, figures, photographs, maps, and other material from the Historical Society’s journal
- Digital Prairie: digital content spanning more than 100 years of Oklahoma government history
- Electronic Publishing Center: includes Chronicles of Oklahoma, Encyclopedia of Oklahoma History and Culture, Indian Claims Commissions Decisions, Oklahoma Biological Survey, Oklahoma Today, Oklahoma Academy of Scientific Proceedings, Kappler’s Indian Affairs, Ornithological Society Bulletin, Southern Forest Tree Improvement Conference and more. Hosted by the OSU Library.
- Gateway to Oklahoma History: digital portal sharing Oklahoma’s rich history and cultural heritage
- NewsOK Showcasing Oklahoma History: chronicling Oklahoma’s history since The Oklahoman was first published on January 14th 1894
- Oklahoma Historical Society Research Center: search the collections of American Indian Resources, marriage/divorce/prison/death records, census, biographies, land and military resources.
- Oklahoma State Library Digital Collection: Angie Debo Collections, Centennial Farm Families, Oklahoma Native Artists, Encyclopedia of History & Culture, Oklahoma Digital Maps, Oklahoma Women’s Hall of Fame, and many more collections from Oklahoma history can be found at the OSU Library Digital Collection
- Outdoor Oklahoma: hunting, fishing, wildlife conservation, natural history, camping and much more
- Proceedings of the Academy of Science: represents a wealth of scholarly activity, unique to our state
- ShareOK: digital theses and dissertations, faculty publications, open access publications, open educational resources, institution-specific content
- SoonerSearch: locate information from the websites of nearly 200 Oklahoma state government agencies, programs and portals
- SWOSU Digital Repository: public access the growing selection of historic books and documents dating back to 1651
- TravelOK History and Historical Sites: historical maps showcasing Oklahoma heritage
- Tribal Websites- History and Culture and Federal Websites for and about Native Americans: collections of Oklahoma and Federal resources direct researchers to useful sites related to Native American culture and government. Links provided by the U.S. Government Information Division of the ODL.
- WorldCat Discovery: catalog of books and other materials owned by OCLC member libraries across the nation and around the world
Digital Prairie was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the Oklahoma Department of Libraries.