Need to Make Payment
IRS Direct Pay is the easiest way for individuals to make federal tax payments.
Can’t pay a tax bill? Check the IRS Online Payment Agreement tool.
Can't Pay Now?
- Meet your tax obligation in monthly installments by applying for a payment plan (including installment agreement)
- Find out if you qualify for an offer in compromise -- a way to settle your tax debt for less than the full amount
- Request that we temporarily delay collection until your financial situation improves
View Your Account Information
Did you know there’s an easy way for you to access your tax account information online?
You can view:
- The amount you owe, updated for the current calendar day
- Your balance details by year
- Your payment history and any scheduled or pending payments
- Key information from your most recent tax return
- Payment plan details, if you have one
- and more
You can also:
- Make a payment online
- See payment plan options and request a plan via Online Payment Agreement
- Access your tax records via Get Transcript
If you have questions about how to create an account, see Secure Access: How to Register for Certain Online Self-Help Tools.