ODL’s List of EBSCO Offerings
Funding is made possible thanks to Oklahoma Department of Libraries’ state grant from the federal Institute of Museum and Library Services. The EBSCO resources, along with Britannica School, are part of ODL’s Digital Prairie electronic library, which also houses the agency’s digital collections.
ODL’s EBSCO resources include 5,646 journals and magazines that deliver full-text articles.Article abstracts are available from 18,732 additional journals and magazines to assist with more in-depth research.
Following is an alphabetical listing of the databases along with a short description and links to lists of journal titles and subjects.
- Academic Search Elite: Content includes almost 1,500 active full-text journals and magazines, including more than 1,200 peer-reviewed publications. A collection of video content from the Associated Press has more than 60,000 videos from 1930 to the present.
- Bibliography of Native North Americans: This bibliographic database covers a wide range of topics pertaining to native North Americans. Contains more than 190,000 citations for books, essays, journal articles and government documents of the United States and Canada. Dates of content coverage range from the 16th century to the present.
- Book Collection Nonfiction—Elementary School Edition: Abstracts and searchable full text for more than 1,300 nonfiction titles on animals, weather, holidays, biographies, adventure, sports and more.
- Book Collection Nonfiction—Middle School Edition: Abstracts and searchable full text for more than 3,200 nonfiction titles on careers, health, life skills, ethnicity, disabilities, adventure, sports, technology, biographies, history, science, women, civics, and more.
- Book Collection Nonfiction—High School Edition: Abstracts and searchable full text for more than 2,700 nonfiction titles on careers, health, life skills, ethnicity, disabilities, adventure, sports, technology, biographies, music, science, history, civics, and more.
- Business Source Elite: Provides full-text coverage of scholarly business, management and economics journals, covering topics such as accounting, banking, finance, international business, marketing, sales and more. Includes 600 full-text titles, including 350 peer-reviewed journals.
- Computer Source: Provides the latest information and current trends in high technology. This database offers full text for more than 200 publications and indexing and abstracts for nearly 450 publications.
- Consumer Health Complete: Designed to support the information needs of patients, and to foster an overall understanding of health-related topics. Includes nearly 520 full-text journals and magazines, more than 240 full-text health reference books and encyclopedias, plus medical images and diagrams and full-text consumer health pamphlets.
- ERIC (Education Resources Information Center): The largest education database in the world includes 1.6 million records, links to more than 631,000 full-text documents, and an education-specific thesaurus containing more than 11,700 terms.
- Explora is not an individual database, but rather a graphical entrance page to selected EBSCO databases targeting particular audiences. As such, these are the following versions:
Explora Public Library Search (also recommended for High School Students)
- GreenFILE: A research database with scholarly, government, and general-interest sources covering the connections between the environment and a variety of disciplines. Includes indexing and abstracts for more than 880,000 records and full-text access for nearly 15,000 records.
- Health Source: Consumer Edition: Covers information on specific diseases and overall health topics. Subjects include fitness, nutrition, diabetes, aging, women’s health, children’s health and more. Includes more than 80 full-text magazines, 110 full-text reference books, full-text health pamphlets, and access to more than 18,800 reports.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition: Designed for researchers, allied health professionals, nurses, and medical educators. Features more than 330 full-text journals, including 260 peer-reviewed journals, and abstracts for 830 journals.
- Hobbies and Crafts Reference Center: “How-to” instructions and creative ideas for hobby enthusiasts. Includes full-text articles from almost 2,000 magazines and books, more than 720 videos, more than 180 hobby profiles, and more than 8,350 recipes.
- Home Improvement Reference Center: Provides users with detailed, “how-to” information on a variety of home improvement and repair projects. Includes full-text articles from more than 130 reference books and nearly 50 magazines, 35,000 images and nearly 100 videos of home repair projects.
- Legal Collection: Offers information centered on the discipline of law and legal topics, including criminal justice, ethics, federal law, international law, labor and human resource law, as well as medical law, organized crime and the environment. Features full-text from nearly 500 respected legal publications.
- Legal Information Reference Center: Designed for the consumer, this database includes full-text articles from more than 250 consumer legal publications and reference books, and thousands of state and multi-state forms as well as federal court forms.
- LISTA (Library Information Science and Technology Abstracts): This research database provides indexing and abstracting for key library and information science journals, books, research reports and more. LISTA indexes more than 600 core journals, more than 120 selective journals, and includes a thesaurus and author profiles.
- MAS Complete: Designed for high school students, this database contains full text for 570 popular high school magazines and nearly 420 reference books. In addition, it offers tens of thousands of biographies, thousands of primary source documents and a vast image collection.
- MasterFILE Premiere: Designed specifically for public libraries, the database provides a digital collection of 1,600 full-text magazines, nearly 450 reference books, and more than 73,400 primary source documents. It also includes more than 1.5 million photos and images, including maps and flags.
- MEDLINE: Created by the U.S. National Library of Medicine, MEDLINE is an authoritative bibliographic database. It contains citations and abstracts for peer-reviewed biomedical and health journals used by health care professionals engaged in clinical care, public health and health policy development. Inclues more than 26 million references to journal articles, and citations from more than 5,600 journals in 60 languages.
- Middle Search Plus: Contains full text for popular middle school magazines, full-text biographies and historical essays. In addition, it includes primary source documents, reference books and a vast image collection. All full-text articles are assigned reading level indicators (Lexiles).
- Military and Government Collection: Offers current news pertaining to all branches of the military and government. Content includes 260 full-text journals and periodicals, plus indexing and abstracts for nearly 430 titles.
- Newspaper Source Plus: This digital collection of the world’s major news content includes full-text of 1,200 newspapers, 50 magazines,131 newswires, and 1.7 million television and radio news transcripts. The News View feature offers ongoing updates.
- Poetry and Short Story Reference Center: This full-text database provides a historically rich collection, including more than 669,000 full-text classic and contemporary poems as well as 55,900+ short stories. Also includes biographies, lesson plans, audio recordings of poets, and authoritative essays on topics such as poetic forms, movements and techniques.
- Primary Search: Designed for elementary school libraries, the database contains full text from 100 of the most popular children’s magazines, easy-to-read encyclopedic entries, and more than 1.5 million images of photos, maps and flags.
- Professional Development Collection: Provides a highly specialized collection of electronic information especially for educators, professional librarians and education researchers. Includes 470 full-text journals (including nearly 300 peer-reviewed), abstracts from 750 journals (540 of them peer-reviewed), and more than 230 educational reports.
- Psychology and Behavioral Science Collection: This leading full-text resource for psychology and behavioral sciences research covers a broad range of subjects and features content more than 500 journals.
- Regional Business News Plus: Includes full text for nearly 120 regional business publications from the United States and Canadian provinces. Also features current news from more than 1,370 newspapers and newswires, and more than 1.6 million articles from newspaper columns and TV and radio transcripts.
- Religion and Philosophy Collection: This resource for researchers and students of theology and philosophical studies includes more than 215 full-text journals and magazines (more than 170 of them peer-reviewed), and coverage dating back to 1911.
- Small Business Reference Center: Offers exclusive full text for many top consumer, small business reference books, as well as the necessary tools and instructions to address a wide-range of small business topics, including state-specific information. Features more than 400 full-text periodicals, more 450 reference books, and more than 630 business videos.
- Sociological Collection: A trusted source of sociology literature for researchers, professionals, and students. Features more than 320 full-text scholarly journals with coverage spanning more than 100 years.
- TOPICsearch: Teachers, librarians and student researchers can use this database to explore current events; social, political and economic issues; scientific discoveries and other popular topics frequently discussed in the classroom. Contains full text for nearly 100,000 articles from diverse content sources.