The Law and Legislative Reference Division of the Oklahoma Department of Libraries provides prompt, nonpartisan, confidential and accurate information to Oklahoma’s executive, legislative and judicial branches of government and to members of the general public.
Cartwright Law Collection
Federal Legal Materials–
Electronic Access to Primary and Secondary Federal Legal Resources
Oklahoma Legal Materials–
Electronic and Print access to Primary and Secondary Oklahoma Legal Resources
- Attorney General Opinions
- Legislative Journals, Session laws and Statutes (Territorial – Present)
- Oklahoma Administrative Code, Oklahoma Register, and Oklahoma Gazette
- House and Senate Rules
- Oklahoma Bar Journal
- Practice Guides and Treatises
Oklahoma State Reports – (These resources are stored off-site. Please contact us directly if you would like to use them.)
Legal and News Journalism– Select titles available in print. Law Reviews available electronically via HeinOnline.
Statutes and Codes
- Municipal Codes
Legal Research at Oklahoma Department of Libraries
- Lexis Advance – available in the library
- HeinOnline– available in library for the public; state employees can access remotely with ODL card
Legal Information for Oklahoma (LIO)
Oklahoma Vertical Files (Biography and Subject files)
The Biography files include information about Oklahoma people. The Subject files include information about places, things, and events particular to Oklahoma or of interest to state government and policy researchers. Coming Soon
Do you have a law or legislative reference question?
Contact Law/Legislative Reference or call (405) 521-2502.
See also laws and regulations affecting Oklahoma libraries.