Check out the 2022 Collaborative Summer Library Program artwork — Oceans of Possibilities by Sophie Blackall!
Read for Adventure, the statewide literacy program, is now underway. Thanks to the OKC Zoo and OG&E, all participating libraries received a kit that includes: one copy of the Juniper's Butterfly Garden book, 100 OKC Zoo ticket vouchers, posters and bookmarks.
Children who check out Juniper's Butterfly Garden receive a voucher for four guests to visit the Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden for FREE!
Reservations are not required for entry into the Zoo, and Read for Adventure vouchers can be redeemed at any Zoo ticket window. Read the letter from the Zoo about this statewide literacy promotion.
More information, coloring pages and list of participating libraries: OKCZoo.org/READFORADVENTURE
NOTE: Previous years' vouchers are no longer valid.
Volunteer for Sequoyah Reading Committee
Apply by November 2nd!
Potential appointees to one of the Sequoyah Reading Teams for a 3-year term must:
- Be a public librarian or a certified school librarian actively involved in the selection and/or purchase of materials appropriate to the age/grade requirements of the respective Reading Teams.
- Maintain yearly membership with the Oklahoma Library Association.
- Attend regularly scheduled (usually monthly) reading team meetings, at most 12 days.
- Read and evaluate as many books as possible (an average of 2-3 books per week)
- Create Sequoyah booktalks and other promotional materials and promote lists at OLA and OTA/Encyclo-media conferences.
- Conference presentations are a minimum of 1 day participation including travel.
- Members can attend the conferences to just present, and do not have to pay for and attend the entire conference.
- Adhere to the Sequoyah Policy Manual
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more detailed information.