View Summer Reading Resources for your library. Find information on library performers, CSLP artwork and resources, reading logs, summer food program, outdoor movie guidelines, sponsorship details, program handouts and more.
Preparations are underway to launch another season of Read for Adventure, the statewide literacy program. Thanks to the OKC Zoo and OG&E, all participating libraries will be receiving a kit that includes: one copy of the Juniper's Butterfly Garden book, 100 OKC Zoo ticket vouchers, posters and bookmarks.
Those of you who participated in the past know that children who check out Juniper's Butterfly Garden receive a voucher for four guests to visit the Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden for FREE!
The Zoo is planning to launch this year's program on Monday, June 21. Please hold off on distributing the new vouchers until then. Also, reservations are not required for entry into the Zoo, and Read for Adventure vouchers can be redeemed at any Zoo ticket window. Read the letter from the Zoo about this statewide literacy promotion.
NOTE: If you have any vouchers from previous years' promotions, toss them in your recycle bin. They are no longer valid.
Transforming Teen Services
The Oklahoma Department of Libraries and Tulsa City-County Library System partnered with ALA Young Adult Library Services Association with grant funding from the Institute of Museum and Library Services to provide facilitated trainings on teen services.
Each training listed below is offered on three separate dates. You will only pick one date. Click on the name of the class below to register.
- Overview of Transforming Teen Services | 5/24, 5/27, 6/7
- Importance of Teen Services | 6/2, 6/3, 6/14
- Educational Equity | 6/9, 6/16, 6/28
- Intro to Connected Learning | 6/21, 6/30, 7/14
- Intro to Computational Thinking | 6/23, 7/12, 7/21
- Ages & Stages | 7/19, 8/4, 8/11
- Taster Training | 8/2, 8/9, 8/18
- How Connected Learning Fits | 8/16, 8/23, 9/1
- Getting Started with Computational Thinking | 8/25, 9/13, 9/20
- Building Computational Thinking Skills | 8/30, 9/15, 9/27
SDE is encouraging schools to provide summer programs, and your local school district may be receiving funds or programs thanks to the state’s American Recovery Plan Act grant. This is a grand opportunity to partner with your local school and/or school district.