The Oklahoma Book Awards
A Celebration of Oklahoma Books and Authors
The 27th Annual Oklahoma Book Awards program was held Saturday, April 9, 2016
at the Jim Thorpe Museum and Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame.
Gini Moore Campbell was honored with the Glenda Carlile Distinguished Service Award
View the 2016 Oklahoma Book Awards Program.
See all Arrell Gibson Award for Lifetime Achievement recipients
Ralph Ellison Award recipients.
The 2015 Oklahoma Book Awards program book is available upon request.
Eligibility for the Oklahoma Book Awards
- Any individual, organization, or company may enter in any appropriate category.
- Books considered for this award must have an Oklahoma-based theme, or entrants (authors, illustrators, or designers) must live or have lived in Oklahoma.
- Books must have been published between January 1 and December 31, of the preceding year. (For example, books eligible for the 2017 award would be published between January 1 and December 31, 2016.)
- Books—hardcover or paperback—entered in previous Oklahoma Book Award competitions are not eligible.
- Entries are forwarded to judges upon receipt—please enter as soon as possible.
- Typically, entries must be received by around the 10th day of January (exact dates will be available on the most recent prospectus or entry form, available for download).
- Finalists will be notified in February.
- Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony which typically occurs around the second week of March.
A panel of judges will consider all entries. Judges will grant awards at their discretion. Panel members represent a range of expertise in the writing and publishing fields covered by the award categories. Entries in all categories (except the design/illustration category) are principally judged on the quality of writing, with organization and interpretation also playing a role in the decision.
- $25 entry fee is required for each category entered.
- Entrants will be responsible for all shipping charges—collect shipments will be refused.
- The awards committee reserves the right to change the category of an entry.
- No award will be given in categories where fewer than five entries have been submitted.