Eligibility for the Oklahoma Book Awards
- Any individual, organization, or company may enter in any appropriate category.
- Books considered for this award must have an Oklahoma-based theme, or entrants (authors, illustrators, or designers) must live or have lived in Oklahoma.
- Books must have been published between January 1 and December 31, of the preceding year. (For example, books eligible for the 2017 award would be published between January 1 and December 31, 2016.)
- Books—hardcover or paperback—entered in previous Oklahoma Book Award competitions are not eligible.
- Entries are forwarded to judges upon receipt—please enter as soon as possible.
- Typically, entries must be received by around the 10th day of January (exact dates will be available on the most recent prospectus or entry form, available for download).
- Finalists will be notified in February.
- Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony which typically occurs around the first of April.
A panel of judges will consider all entries. Judges will grant awards at their discretion. Panel members represent a range of expertise in the writing and publishing fields covered by the award categories. Entries in all categories (except the design/illustration category) are principally judged on the quality of writing, with organization and interpretation also playing a role in the decision.
- $25 entry fee is required for each category entered.
- Entrants will be responsible for all shipping charges—collect shipments will be refused.
- The awards committee reserves the right to change the category of an entry.
- No award will be given in categories where fewer than five entries have been submitted.