Search the ODL Catalog and Libraries Worldwide
About WorldCat and ODL
Want something you can’t find at our library? You may be able to borrow it from another library through WorldCat InterLibrary Loan. Search for books, audiobooks, videos, articles, government documents, and more.
ODL is dedicated to offering you access to the widest possible range of resources. You are now able to search our collection and the collections of many other libraries worldwide.
Returning users – Log on to your ILL Account
First time users – Create an ILL Account
- Choose your preferred format by selecting one of the icons above the search bar.
- Enter subject, title, or author and click the search icon to find it in WorldCat Discovery.
- When the results come up, you can narrow your search with the options on the left side.
- Once you found the item you are looking for, click on the title of the item.
- Click Request Item.
- Logon to ILLiad. Form should be filled with item details.
- Submit request.
You will receive an email telling you when the item is ready. The arrival and overdue notifications are automatically generated so please do not respond to email notifications.
Note: We do not borrow textbooks or request chapters from textbooks. Please try not to request items released in the current year. Most institutions have a policy in place to only loan current year items to their immediate patrons. Only request items from the previous calendar year so that we can fill your requests.
More about searching
Use simple keywords as you would on a Web search site. Try using words from a title; the name of the author, artist or director; or words that describe the subject matter.
Your search results will always be presented in this order:
- Resources owned by Oklahoma Department of Libraries;
- Resources available through our sharing relationships with other libraries, if your library belongs to a group;
- Resources owned by all other WorldCat libraries globally.
Results within each of these groups are ordered by relevance.
Everything you need is displayed right within the WorldCat record, including location and availability information for the item, and prominent button links to reserve or request an item or directly view electronic content such as the full text of an article. Note that global WorldCat results may include many resources not owned by Oklahoma Department of Libraries. You may be able to obtain these items from a nearby library or through our resource-sharing network—click the “Request Item” button on the WorldCat record.
Want to know more, or need help?
- Contact David Hankey with the Staff form or InterLibrary Loan with the Division form.
- If you prefer to speak with a person, call David at 405-522-3473 during regular business hours.
- General questions, go to Ask ODL.
If you cannot find what you are looking for, fill out the Materials Request Form.